The Big Brown Blog

I have created this blog to help keep you all up to date on how the Brown family is doing. I hope you enjoy watching our family through the BIG BROWN BLOG!

Saturday, February 23, 2008


It doesn't get
any better than this!


We had a really cool thing happen in the Brown household this past Saturday . . . Our kids have been asking great questions over the past several months about God and being friends with God and trusting Him no matter what! Sometimes I am really amazed at what they know and understand and at other times I have to turn my head while I snicker a bit.

Several weeks ago the girls were asking me about why and how God decided to make the first man. I explained the best I know how and said,"well, He just made all of the other stuff and decided he wanted people and just spoke and 'poof' there was the first man named Adam." Maddie got a really surprised look on her face and said' "Mr Adam was the first man???"
(Adam is our good friend and a staff member at Ridge Chruch.) I then had to back up a bit and explain that not "Mr. Adam," but a man named Adam.

Well, anyway, back to the story . . . The kids had been asking us questions alot of the day on Saturday about what it means to be a Christian and how you do that, etc. . . Chris had talked to them a lot that day. Well, that night as I put Maddie into bed she began asking more questions and by the time she had finished, she had decided to ask Jesus to come into her heart and stay forever!! I asked her if she knew that Jesus didn't like shrink down and crawl into her heart? She said, "Oh, yeah, I know. He just sends his spirit to live inside of you and help you make good decisions and stuff." i thought that was a pretty good anwer!!

She later told me that she thought she could even feel him in there already. I asked, "Is your heart beating fast and your really excited?" With tearful eyes and that huge smile on her face, she said, "Yeah!" I said' "well, there will be days when you don't feel quite as excited and your heart doesn't seem to beat as fast. But you know what? He's still there!!" Her reply . . . "And that's why we call Him One Awesome God!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home