The Big Brown Blog

I have created this blog to help keep you all up to date on how the Brown family is doing. I hope you enjoy watching our family through the BIG BROWN BLOG!

Saturday, January 19, 2008


Terrific Kid

Let me just say that I already believe that I have Terrific Kids! (Don't we all, Moms?) But it is pretty darn cool when their teacher chooses them as the Terrific Kid. Here's how it works:

From the months of September thru May each teacher is to pick one child from their class for the Terrific Kid Program at Fairview Elementary School. This is a program that honors students for the following reasons:
* being a well-behaved student * improving academically * being respectful to adults * being kind to classmates * sharing * attending school on time * other virtues teachers notice & want to recognize Recognition -

A special breakfast is held to honor the Terrific Kids and their parents. At the breakfast the student is awarded a certificate & a packet of "goodies."

Okay, I know that was a lot of mumbo jumbo. But it's pretty cool to see your kid standing up there being honored by his/her teacher and the rest of the faculty, knowing that only 9 students out of their class will have an opportunity to be Terrific Kid during that year. I am very proud of him!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Brown said...

does any one even know you have a blog? Love you. -chris

12:41 PM  
Blogger the burchard bunch said...

I know she has a blog!! I check it everyday, but she never seems to post anything new!! Maybe you should share the Mac???

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home